Peanut Butter Dog Treat Recipe
This peanut butter dog treat recipe calls for peanut butter powder. But you can use natural unsweetened peanut butter in its place.
Pea-Nuttin' Butter Hound Dog Treats
These all natural dog treats with added banana will make any dog howl like a hound dog....for more.
What you need:
- 1 package dog biscuit mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup peanut butter powder
- 1/4 cup mashed ripe banana
- Waxed paper
- Rolling pin
- Mixing bowl
- Dog bone cookie cutters
- For small dogs, use the mini dog cookie cutters
These peanut butter dog treats made by LazyBones Pet Treats are made with banana and decorated with Fido's Frosting brand Royal Icing for Dogs, which gives them a shiny finish. This yogurt dog treat icing recipe dries hard and will not melt.
- Pre-heat over to 350 degrees
- In mixing bowl, combine package of dog biscuit mix with water, oil, peanut butter powder, mashed banana. Mix well to form a dough.
- If the mix is too dry for rolling, add a little more water.
- Cover the work area with waxed paper that has been lightly moistened with water underneath to keep it from slipping.
- Lightly flour the waxed paper.
- Spoon dough out into a ball on the lightly floured surface.
- Lightly flour the rolling pin and roll the dough ball into a flat rectangle 1/2 inch thick.
- Take lightly floured dog cookie cutters and press into the dough to make decorative shapes.
- Place dough cut-outs on pre-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 18-22 minutes.
- Turn off oven heat and leave tray in over 60 minutes more.
- When the dog biscuits are completely cooled, decorate with dog treat icing as in the image above for a festive finish. Let them dry overnight.
You can use this silicone mold to create the same bone shapes:
It can be washed in the dishwasher and does not require pre-greasing with the biscuit mix.
Dog Biscuit Recipes
Return Home from Peanut Butter Dog Treat Recipe