Dog Treat Jar - DIY
This dog treat jar is very easy to make. If you need kids craft ideas, or love making dog crafts yourself, you will have fun with this one! The finished product is perfect and is a wonderful, original idea for dog gifts. Or make them yourself and sell at your local farmers' markets.
A big thanks to Henry and Baron's Dog Treats and Lazybone Pet Treats for this craft!
What You Need:
- Terra cotta pot
- Terra cotta pot tray
- Glass "fish bowl" dish - people mentioned they got these at Dollar Tree or Michael's Crafts
- Wooden knob or wooden thread spools
- Crafr paint - your choice of color
- Gorilla glue (or very strong glue)
- Paint brush
- Paint the pot, tray, and wooden knob. Suggestions: white, so you can just change the ribbon depending on the theme; multiple colors; polka dots, stripes, stencils. Ideas are unlimited - dowhatever your imagination can create!
- Let the paint dry.
- Turn the terra cotta tray over so that the bottom is nos the top.
- Glue the wooden knob onto the center of the tray. This creates a lid for the fishbowl.
- Turn the pot upside down and glue the glass bowl to the pot using gorilla glue or another VERY STRONG glue. (Hot glue is NOT recommended due to the heavy weight of the pot and bowl.)
- Let dry at least 24 hours
- Decorate with your choice of ribbon. You can even put stickers on the base.
If you plan to give one as a gift, fill it with dog treats, and just make sure the lid is securely placed. you do not even have to wrap it. Just place a bow around it.
If you plan to sell your own, fill one with dog biscuits to show customers how it can be used.
See more images in the Facebook group Homemade Dog Treats where people share other dog crafts and dog treat recipes.
More Dog Crafts
Return Home from Dog Treat Jar